Thursday, December 23, 2010
Friendship
I was downtown last night with Mattie, and was lucky enough to meet up with a dear friend I hadn't seen in weeks due to busy schedules, winter colds, and such. It was so awesome to sit down, over a yummy chilled brew, and talk about the holidays, work, marriage, life, in-laws, etc.. (Mattie had to leave to get up early, so I stayed out chit chatting) And with the conversation, made me realize what true friendship is about. I will be the first to admit that I am not a great 'girl' friend..I don't call often (I prefer text), I forget birthdays and anniversaries (I am trying to be better with dates), I don't shop, work out, or craft in groups (I'm better solo), I am not good with feelings, emotions, sharing, drama, gossip (I have enough to worry about). And with all those faults, I have found great friends that love me the way I am. With a great friend, we don't have to talk everyday, every week, even every month, but the second we call, write, text, meet up, we pick up right where we left off. We are happy to hear each others good news, bad news, life trials, work drama, family stories...etc. I like that. No awkwardness, no attitude, just comfyness :) I have been blessed with a great supportive family (on both sides), they love me and my husband for what we are. Not what we can be, or what they want us to be, just us. Acceptance. Love. Support. Guidance. I have also been blessed with the world's most stupendous friends. They are there when I need them, they are a open non-judgemental ear to listen, a warm hug and kiss to soothe me if I am sad, home sick, grumpy, irritated, they are a strong rock to go to where I feel loved, accepted, appreciated, and where I can go for support, new ideas, and opinions on life, marriage, family. I am so very thankful for the great people that continue to be a part of my life. I am a lucky, lucky girl. I hope to continue to make everlasting friendships, create unforgettable memories, endure many more awesome adventures, and continue to spread all the love and gratitude I have to the ones that mean the most to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment